Friday, September 12, 2008

What is a Blog?

I thought I would start my blog with some musings on the meaning, or say, all the creative natures of a blog.



I looked up the word "blog" in the dictionary. It wasn't there! (Granted my dictionary is the one from Greg's college days. The American Heritage Dictionary copyright 1982.) It should be somewhere in there between "blocky" and "bloke". Guess what else is not in there "cell phone". Yes, the word "cellular" is in there, but is it all the about the scientific cell that all matter is made of.

I guess it is time to invest in a new dictionary.

This got me to thinking. Am I stuck in 1982. I think I was a few years ago. Still wearing the high waisted, narrow leg pants my girls would make fun of me in. (Hey wait I think they are back in style!) The hair and the puffy bangs. I hope with the help of 2 stylish daughters I am into the 21 century a little bit. Oh wait, we are 8 years into the 21 century! Oh well.

Back to my idea of a blog. I see many blogs as a persons' insights to life, creativity, and other personal journeys individuals take. I am not sure I can bear my soul as yet. To the relief and joy of my family.
I think this blog will be as many other I have seen, A small look into the many joys and activities of my family and friends. The daily, or probably weekly.......... ok maybe monthly posts, of the comings and going of the Greg and Annette Vernon Family.

I am thinking I need another blog for my art.

And why, oh why did I not learn to type better!!!

1 comment:

The Hansen's said...

Yea mama you posted! You are officially a blogger now! :)